Sunday 15 May 2016

Trackpants - Socially Comfortable or Social Pariah

Track pants have been for as long as I can remember an essential part of my winter closet.
I sport the long crotched, for lack of a better term, tight ankled trackies, making them almost acceptable to be worn outside.

Though I have been caught to wear them on the midnight Maccas run, or quick stop at Woolies, I have for the most part refrained from enjoying the comfort of such pants outside of my own bedroom. I wonder why they cannot be a universally accepted outer wear whilst maintaining their elusive comfort that all other pants just seem to lack. How I long for a day where I can rock up to MacUni in my trackies and Parka and just enjoy the comfort as I sit through my hour long lectures.


Now, some people have been brave enough to wear these in public, and I truly respect them for caring more for there comfort than their social status because whenever I am caught in these bad boys I seem to cop the social punishment for enjoying the comfort of non-casual pants outside my own bedroom. How audacious I must be to enjoy these during my tutorials.

Perhaps one day they will be the societal norm for comfort, warmth and social status. But alas, for now they remain the comfort option that only the bold dare attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment